Here’s a rundown of today’s most expensive new passenger cars, according to autobytel.com.
10. Coming in at number 10 is the 2014 Rolls Royce Wraith. This 2-door 4-seater is a sporty Coupe with a convenient automatic transmission, and a price tag of about $285,000. The car comes equipped with a standard 6.6 liter, 12-cylinder engine. The average miles per gallon achieved by the Wraith is 13 mpg on city streets, and 21 mpg on the highway.
9. In 9th place is the 2015 Ferrari FF, another 2-door 4-seater with a handy automatic transmission. This one has a base cost of $295,000, a tad pricier than the Rolls-Royce Wraith, despite the slightly smaller 6.3 liter, 12-cylinder engine. The 2015 Ferrari FF averages 11 miles per gallon in the city, and 16 miles per gallon on the highway.
8. The 2015 Rolls Royce Ghost is a roomy 4-door Sedan with 5 seats. The price ranges from around $287,000 up to about 320,000, depending partly on whether you select the standard Sedan or the EWB Sedan. Both vehicles come equipped with a 6.6 liter, 12-cylinder engine, with an average gas mileage of 13 mpg on city roads and 21 mpg on the highway. Optional features include cruise control and a rear view camera, among other things.
7. Around the same price point is the 2015 Ferrari F12 Berlinetta, a cozy, 2-door, 2-seat Coupe, priced at around $320,000. The Berlinetta, like the FF, is standardly made with an automatic transmission and a 6.3 liter, 12-cylinder engine. Despite the smaller size, the Berlinetta gets the same gas mileage as the FF, averaging 11 mpg in the city and 16 mpg on the highway.
6. Next up is the 2016 Bentley Mulsanne. The Muslanne, like the Rolls-Royce Ghost, is a 4-door, 5-seat Sedan with automatic transmission. Available in two types, Base and Speed, this car is priced between $304,000 and $336,000. The Muslanne is equipped with a 6.8 liter, 8-cylinder engine. Average gas mileage is 11 mpg in the city and 16 mpg on the highway.
5. The 5th most expensive passenger car on today’s market is the coveted 2014 Rolls Royce Phantom Coupe. This vehicle is a 2-door 4-seater with automatic transmission, and a base price of just over 433,000. The Phantom comes equipped with a 6.8 liter, 12-cylinder engine, and achieves a miles-per-gallon average of 11 in the city and 19 on the highway.
4. Finishing fourth is the opulent 2014 Rolls Royce Phantom Drophead Coupe. With a base price of a little under 475,000, this vehicle has the same engine size and gas mileage as the above mentioned Phantom Coupe, the only difference being that this one is a convertible.
3. In 3rd place is the 2014 Rolls Royce Phantom Sedan. This car is a 4-door 5-seater, but is otherwise the same as the Rolls-Royce Phantom Coupe. The Rolls-Royce Phantom Sedan is priced between 403,000 and 475,000, depending on your chosen features.
2. The 2nd most expensive new passenger vehicle currently on the market is the 2015 Lamborghini Aventador. Priced up to just a little under 549,000, this racy little number is a 2-door 2-seater, available as a Coupe or Convertible, with four trims to choose from. The Aventador features a 6.5 liter, 12-cylinder engine and an automatic transmission. The priciest Aventador is the LP720-4 50th Anniversario Roadster.
1. Finally, the most expensive new passenger vehicle on the market is the 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder, a 2-door, 2-seat Convertible available in two trims. The Spyder features a 4.6 liter, 8-cylinder engine with automatic transmission, 4-wheel anti-lock brakes, an integrated navigation system, and a full set of airbags. Other features include magnesium wheels, cruise control, traction control, and all-wheel drive. All this can be yours for anywhere from 845,000 to about 929,000. The Spyder also gets relatively good gas mileage for a luxury car, averaging 20 mpg in the city and 24 mpg on the highway.