1. Get a good, old fashioned pen and paper ready. You’ll need it to record online quotes from a number of auto insurance companies.
2. Write down the type of car insurance policy you want, including liability limits, types of coverage, affordable rates, and whatever else is important to you.
3. Visit our states page to read up on auto insurance laws, cheap coverage options, and other state-specific information. Look up your state.
4. Visit our car insurance companies page and select at least a few affordable major carriers, and also search at least two smaller, regional carriers who are licensed to issue quotes and write policies in your state. Make a list of these carriers.
5. Visit the website of each car insurance company you chose. For each company website, input your zip code and demographic information. Obtain online quotes from all of your chosen car insurance companies. Write down the quotes from each different company.